Poetic Whispers: Zion is calling

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Zion is calling


I know I have a higher calling.
It’s calling me to your truths.
I live to serve you.
I wanna be more
More than just an instrument
of service.

I want you to teach me
Mold me
Give me a new light
To guide me.

You are a potter
And I wanna be the clay
That you mead into something
fantastic, original.

I try to pursue you each day
Sometimes I falter.
You with the loving
Father that you are
Reach down and pick me up.

When I fall you brushes me off.
When I am injured your soft sweet
Embrace that only a father can
Comforts me.

I love you cause you are my daddy.
I strive to be like you.
You have given me a bigger brother
To show me how to be.

I stand for within in you
There is no sinking sand.
When I look for unconditional love
I reach to you I kneel, I pray
Forgive me, I pray for my shortcomings

For I can hear
I can feel
Zion Calling Me!

Copyright ©2009 Elton Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment