Poetic Whispers: Would you be mine? Please wouldn’t you be my neighbor?

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Would you be mine? Please wouldn’t you be my neighbor?


I saw this girl the other day
It was as if I had a flashback
To a realm where we once were.

I asked, “Do I know you.
You seem particularly familiar.
What will I give to hear her thoughts:
“Just another lame pickup line”.

It’s funny cause I made her smile.
In my mind I was saying,
I guess this stuff really works.
So we began a conversation.

We sat and talked about
Everything and nothing.
Her mind reading mines
Mines reading hers.

I saw comfort in her eyes.
You know, the way you let go
Of your inhibitions
wanting an invitation.
An invite to enchanted places.

We chat we talked
We smiled
That day I learned so much.
It felt like we belong.

We completed each other sentences
Laughed at each other quirky jokes.
I even taught her how to speak in my dialect.
It felt nice!

We decided to get something to eat.
I never was a Starbuck junkie
In need of a caffeine fix
To get me through the day.

But I could not resist that smile
That starry eyes that could melt
The strongest or thickest mountain of snow.

No coffee for me I said.
Let me get that large brown
“Chocalato”
Not knowing the name.
She smiled.

We sat and chat, smile and laugh.
Feeling comfortable in telling
Each other things that a normal friend
Would not find interesting.

I had a thought that day.
“you never know who can come into
your life and turn it upside down
Take you on an adventure.
Make you do things of endearment
That you just could not plan”.

It was time to leave but it felt
Like our destination or journey had
Not ended.
It was not just her beauty.
It felt unconditional.

Till this day I know no reasoning or thought
To what was happening.
It was like another being was
Waving a wand like the conductor
Conducting a live symphony.

I could never forget that night,
Cause it was the first time
I slept in my car.
Nothing sexual.

We just talked and smiled.
Then laughed and smiled
Till morning.

That day was so eventful.
At times when I think back
On that day I see a smile
Illuminated by this thought.
Something within me says out loud

Would you be mine?
Please wouldn’t you be my neighbor!
Knowing tomorrow will come
And you will have to embark.

I hear the thought again.
Would you be mine?
Please wouldn’t you be my neighbor!

Copyright ©2009 Elton Antonio Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment